Sunday, August 18, 2013

Artbooking in August #3


Welcome to Week #3 of the Artbooking in August Blog Hop. Last week's artwork was so phenomenal and this week over 35 creative consultants are at it again!



Our challenge was to create 4 different projects using the Cricut Artbooking cartridge and any CTMH paper pack.  Our mission was to design each of the following:

1. 2 page layout 
2. Card
3. Mini Book 
4. Home decor or 'giftable' item 

We were able to choose what to make and when to post it. AND if we wanted to add stamps to their designs, even better.  This week we will add another great design to the challenge and I am anxious to see what everyone has created!

Remember this is a circular blog hop and if you get lost or confused along the way, the list is posted on Adeline's blog here.

If you have come here from Jean's blog, Stampin' Maui you are in the right place.  

This week, I have created a Home Decor Item that is also a functional part of my scrapbooking room (as soon as I get it hung up).

I used the frame from the new Designed Decor Frame Kit and created photo mats and embellies for the first day of school photos, that will eventually be the parts of a layout for my scrapbook.   

I cut all the pieces from my Artbooking Cricut Cartridge and added stamping with the All the Details and Take Note stamp sets.
(Take Note is sold exclusively with the Artbooking Cartridge bundle)
I cut pieces out of Black, White Daisy and Sunset CS and stamped with Pacifica and Sunset inks.
I then attached them to my frame with the mini clothes pins that come with the kit.  Additional mini clothes pins are available for purchase.

All the cuts were cut from the x, z and 5 keys on the Artbooking cartridge.




The notebook paper embellishments will be for my kids to journal thoughts about the first day of school.

All the pieces (tag labeling grade, notebook paper, photo mats and titles) are separate pieces.  But together on my board, just waiting for my back to school photos, they create a work of art for the wall of my scrapbook room.

Thanks for looking and please be sure to continue hopping to
Vickie's blog at Heartful Stamper
and see what other wonderful creations were made from this fabulous cartridge!

 Have a crafty day!
~Amy

8 comments:

  1. Love love, love it! What great project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. Love the color combination too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really great idea! It seems like when I ask my kids how their day was, I get "Good", and when asked what they did "I don't remember". LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job with this decor frame!
    :). Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, Amy!!! I am playing catch-up on all the blogs I read...where have I been??? ;)

    ReplyDelete