Sunday, August 11, 2013

Artbooking in August #2


Welcome to Week #2 of the Artbooking in August Blog Hop. Last week's artwork was so phenomenal and this week over 35 creative consultants are at it again!



Our challenge was to create 4 different projects using the Cricut Artbooking cartridge and any CTMH paper pack.  Our mission was to design each of the following:

1. 2 page layout 
2. Card
3. Mini Book 
4. Home decor or 'giftable' item 

We were able to choose what to make and when to post it. AND if we wanted to add stamps to their designs, even better.  This week we will add another great design to the challenge and I am anxious to see what everyone has created!

Remember this is a circular blog hop and if you get lost or confused along the way, the list is posted on Adeline's blog here.

If you have come here from Jean's blog, Stampin' Maui you are in the right place.  

This week, I created a card from the Artbooking cartridge for my challenge.

Along with the Artbooking cartridge, I also used the Babycakes WOTG kit and stamp set.

I really love that our WOTG kits now come with a D sized stamp set, making these kits an even better deal than before.
And these stamp sets have some big and bold stamps that really will have an impact on all your papercrafting projects.

I cut the buttercup colored, polka dot overlay from the Artbooking cartridge, using the r key on the overlay shift function.


I did use the real dial size to size it down to card size, as it is sized for a mini album if you use the 8" recommended sizing.

I then cut the banner cut and star cut from my Art Philosophy cartridge, using the sizing on the stamp carrier sheet.

I stamped my sentiment on the banner cut in Lagoon ink and added it to my card, over the Bronze Shimmer Trim that can be found in the Babycakes WOTG kit, along with the stamp that I used and the Babycakes Assortment.

The Bronze Shimmer Trim and Babycakes Assortment can also be purchased seperately, as well as the Babycakes paper, but the stamp set used here is exclusive to the Babycakes WOTG kit.

I stamped the star image from the stamp set in Slate ink.
I added that to my card with 3D foam tape and finished it off with a badge from the Babycakes Assortment on top of the star.

Hope you enjoyed my card and thanks for looking!

Be sure to hop over to Vickie's blog at Heartful Stamper to check out her fantastic artwork.

Hope you have a crafty day!
~Amy

16 comments:

  1. OMG - CUTE is all I can say - this baby card is
    definitely one to be copied!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Adeline! It's pretty easy to make too, thanks to Artbooking!

      Delete
  2. So adorable. Love the overlays! I am in love with this paper pack. My daughter will be 17 next week, but I am sure I have some unscrapped pics of her somewhere!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb! I love those overlays too! Just an idea for you...my kids are 14 and 12 and I am using this paper for school photos. I've seen some darling layouts made with Artbooking that just didn't use the giraffe paper and were able to get some adorable back to school layouts! Either way, can't wait to see what you create.

      Delete
  3. Isn't that giraffe paper the cutest thing ever? Makes you want to hug it! Very cute project!

    Paige
    www.Stampologist.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card, cant wait to get this paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute...love the overlay!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, how great is this!!! Love the pop of the Lagoon through the holes! PERFECT!!!

    ReplyDelete