Thursday, November 13, 2014

A Thanksgiving PL Mixed Media Card

This is a very simple mixed media card that I made recently.
I will warn you that I used some retired and non-CTMH product, but you could easily recreate this with CTMH product.  I just used what I had handy at the time.


My inspiration for this card came from Kristina Werner and her Holiday Card series.  Be sure to check out the blog post and video.  She has some great tips in there.

I started my card by embossing a 3x4 piece of Desert Sand CS with the Woodgrain Embossing Folder.  I then inked the raised parts of my CS with my Distress Ink: Gathered Twigs.
Another option would be to use a CTMH ink for this.
I used the retired stamp set C1372 (Grateful Hearts) for the images that are random stamped on the upper half of the card.  I random stamped the images on Sunset CS in Versamark Ink and the heat embossed with Zing! Gold Metallic Powder.  I could have used Ranger Princess Gold embossing powder, but I don't currently have that embossing powder.
To get that fine line of embossing on the edge of the Sunset CS, I just swiped the edge of my Versamark Ink Pad over the edge of my CS, applied powder and set it with my heat tool.
I blended some Distress Ink: Fired Brick onto the edges of the Sunset CS, but also could have used a CTMH ink and blended that in also.
I punched the tag from CTMH Sunset CS and then did the same process for the sentiment.
I stamped the sentiment from one of the hostess rewards stamps B1454 (Thanksgiving Wreath)
in Versamark and then heat embossed with the Zing! Gold Metallic powder.  
I once again blended some Distress Ink Fired Brick in from the edge of the Sunset CS.
I put it together and then finished in with a mini staple.

This was a fun card to make and I can't wait to use it in my PL album during the week of Thanksgiving!

Be sure to check out these products and many more on my website or contact me to set up your own gathering (in person or online) to be sure to be able to earn hostess rewards, such as the great Thanksgiving Wreath stamp set.

Thanks for stopping by and wishing you a crafty day!
~Amy

1 comment: