Friday, May 16, 2014

Watercolor Backgrounds

I am taking a new class on Online Card Classes and this one is all about watercolor.

I've loved learning all sorts of new techniques with watercolor.


This one involves using rubber cement as a liquid mask.  
I used different stamps to stamp my sentiment on some watercolor paper.
(Stamps in include CTMH Balloon Talk and some from Cocoa Daisy and Studio Calico)

Once I stamped my sentiment or image with a permanent ink, I painted over it with rubber cement and set that to the side to dry for a few minutes.

I then used watercolors to paint around that image.  
The rubber cement resists the watercolor.

Once dried, I rubbed the rubber cement off my stamped sentiment or image.

And had my completed PL card, made to fit my album pages exactly the way I want.
 
Hope you enjoyed this quick and fun technique with watercolor!
 
~Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment