Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Color Challenge: Honey, Smoothie, Olive

For those that don't know, I post a weekly challenge on the top of the blog.  Click on challenges and you will see the list.  Every month, feel free to participate and then to send me a picture of your project, if you are willling to share it on the blog, and each entry will get you entered into a drawing.  I have a prize basket that the winner of the drawing can chose from.  Drawing winners are pulled the first of each month for the previous month.

This week's challenge was a color challenge:honey, smoothie and olive.  This combo can be found on pages 50-51 of the current idea book.  There are some great ideas in there.  I ended up with a "cased" card this week.  I needed a Thank you card for a friend that sells locally made honey.  So I "cased" that card on page 50, which uses an Originals pattern: Upright and the darling Bee Happy stamp set.  I stamped the bee images in Staz On black ink and then used my olive, smoothie and honey inks with my water brush to color in the images.  I also added brown bag ink for the hive.  I then sponged all the edges with chocolate ink and added a kraft border, also sponged with chocolate ink.  Hope you enjoy my "cased" card and have fun making or "caseing" your own creations.

Supplies used (all Close to My Heart):

Colonial White, Smoothie, Olive CS
Black StazOn
Honey, Smoothie, Olive, Brown Bag and Chocolate inks
Water Brush
Kraft Borders
Wooden Buttons
Foam Tool (for sponging edges)

No comments:

Post a Comment