Thursday, April 21, 2016

Cuttin' Up Blog Hop for Blog Hops with Heart

Welcome to our April Blog Hop with Heart: Cuttin' Up Blog Hop!


I'm so excited to share my project with you this month, all about die cuts!  
If you've come here from Stephanie's wonderful blog, you are in the right place.
If you are just joining in, welcome!

Keep following along as the blog hop makes a perfect circle, full of wonderful die cutting projects and inspiration!

Now, on with my project...

I felt like getting messy in my mixed media journal, although I don't know that this project will stay in it...

I wanted to use some pictures from our fabulous trip to Tybee Island, GA.
And I had some sand from the beach at Tybee Island.
So I knew I wanted to use that for my sandy texture on this project.

And here's the final project:


For my die cuts, I used mainly Studio Calico dies, cut in my Evolution machine.  
This includes the heart geotag, heart tickets and happy phrase.
I used the CTMH Artistry Cricut cartridge for the leaves and floral die cut, which is cut and partially tucked behind my photo cluster.

To create the sand, I used tissue paper, glued to my background.  I then painted it with acrylic pants and sand and then used some shimmer mist from Lindy's Stamp Gang.

The water is created from mixed media paints then sprayed with Dylusion mists and water.
I then added shimmer mist over that.

My photo cluster is backed with Glitz Paper Layers-Uncharted Waters.
The die cuts are cut from a coordinating 6x6 paper pad and some CTMH Kraft paper.
The Kraft paper was painted first with white gelato and then distress paint.
Finishing touches included some Thickers and CTMH Aqua dots from my stash.

I hope you enjoyed my mixed media/die cut project!
I had a lot of fun creating it!

Be sure to follow our hop to Jayma's fabulous blog and check out her wonderful project by clicking on the link!

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty day!
~Amy



7 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that you and Becca used the same floral cut--but in SUCH different ways! I still can't get over that you used the sand on this...SO brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amie! I love the versatility of die cuts! How cool that we could show that in the blog hop! The sand was from a creative brainstorming idea that happened to work perfectly! I love when that happens, because sometimes those creative ideas don't translate as well in the actual project. 😉

      Delete
  2. Um...wow!! You take mixed media to a whole new level!!!! This is stunning! I love how you incorporated so many different papercrafting elements on one project! Mixed media, die cuts, scrapbooking, art journaling!! You really used sand?!?! I'm in awe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kelly! Yes, real sand! I decided the best way to get the sandy texture was to use some sand we brought back from our trip. I had so much fun just layering all these elements together!

      Delete
  3. This is such a beautiful piece of art. I whole-heartedly agree with everything Kelly said!!! Totally inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Becca! I'm so happy that you all love it as much as I do! It was so much fun to layer and put together!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for helping out, wonderful info.

    ReplyDelete