Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day!


I enjoyed making some Valentines this year that used CTMH Stamps and papers.
These were created by using several CTMH Stamps and embossing them with white embossing powder on watercolor paper.

Once I embossed the stamped images, I used distress inks and a paintbrush to add the background colors.

I dried the background and then dropped water on it and dabbed it off to get spots of colors that were bleached of some of it's color.  I learned this technique from Kristina Werner at http://kwernerdesign.com.


For this card, I used a masking technique with CTMH stamps.
I added the I "heart" U with the heart from the Cutie Pie Stamp Set (retired) and the I and U from Studio Calico's Ben and Alex Stamp Set.
I embossed these with the Zing Red Metallic Embossing Powder, in order to help it stand out.
I wrote the word Valentine with my pen.

I then layered the Whisper CS with some Teal Glitter Paper and some patterned paper from the Heartstrings Paper Pack.



Supplies used:

Staford Watercolor Paper
Distress Inks: Worn Lipstick, Festive Berries, Seedless Preserves and Picked Raspberries

Cutie Pie SOTM (December 2014-Retired)
Zing Red Metallic Embossing Powder
Memento Black Ink

I hope you have a fabulous Valentine's Day and enjoyed this peek at a few of my projects!
Be sure to check out all my projects here and find all these supplies and more on my website.

And remember to check out our new albums, which are buy one and get one half off during the month of February.

Thanks for stopping by!  Wishing you a fabulously crafty day!
~Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment