Monday, January 27, 2014

Ombre Effect and Paint Splotches on PL cards

After watching the video that I posted, I knew I wanted to try out the technique shown to make both an ombre effect and paint splotches.

I was able to create a PL page for my son's birthday using these techniques to create my cards.
What I truly love about this technique is how unique each card turned out.


The top card in the middle row is done using the ombre effect on a 3x4 cardstock base using sunset reinker and then adding Spritz Glitz by Lindy's Stamp Gang in Gold after it was dry.  I then used the Birthday Bash Sentiments stamp set from PTI for the stamping.

The bottom card in the middle row is done using the paint splotch technique using sunset and honey reinkers and then, once again, adding the Spritz Glitz in Gold after it was dry.

I had a lot of fun creating the cards on this page with the simple techniques shown in the video in the post below.  I love how simple the technique is and how unique my cards turned out.

I also did a blog post featuring this technique, that can be found here.

And here is the card that I created for that blog post.

I will be using that in this week's PL pages, as we had a blizzard last night due to high winds and blowing snow.

As always, thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a crafty day!
~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment