Thursday, July 11, 2013

1st Layout from CTMH Artbooking Cricut Cartridge

(some faces blocked out for privacy)

My first creation from the new Close to My Heart Artbooking Cartridge.
As soon as I opened the handbook and saw the zebra overlay, I knew that I had the perfect photo taken this past weekend on an Omaha Zoo & Aquarium Camp Out.
My daughter and two friends, in their zoo t-shirts with a zebra on them.
I added the green accents because their shirts had green writing on them (a little hard to see in the photo)
All the elements (including the zebra overlay) on this page were created using this cartridge and stamped from the stamps that come with the cartridge bundle.

and the best part

This cartridge takes all the guess work out of the sizing of elements.

How?

Here's the page with the overlay.


 See where it says 11"?
To make this layout, you size everything at 11" and it will fit perfectly on this page.  (make sure real dial size is NOT hit) 
To make coordinating elements, I can size them at the 11" from anywhere in the handbook and it will still size it to the correct size for my layout.
So I cut the Zebra overlay from this page at 11"

Here's my page for the BFF element.

I still was able to cut that at 11" at it fit my page perfectly.
Took all the guesswork out of it.

So you are probably wondering how I got my cuts that coordinated with my stamps the right size.
I just used my real dial size button and then adjusted the sizes to the sizes printed on the stamp sheet and they cut the perfect size for my stamps.


I did add pacifica reinker and water to a spray pen and mist the pear colored elements to bring in the pacifica from the background.

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE this cartridge?!?
I absolutely do!

More projects will be coming soon.

In the meantime, if you are in the US, you can pre-order this wonderful cartridge from me in the month of July.

FREE SHIPPING and NO TAXES
and
a FREE IDEA BOOK

Get your pre-order placed today by contacting me at clearlystamping@live.com
or
use PayPal to pay now.



                                CTMH Artbooking Cricut Bundle with or without Aug SOTM                            
 


Thanks for looking & have a Crafty Day!
~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment