Saturday, July 2, 2011

Online Card Classes: Summer Card Camp 2011


For the first card, I used 2nd generation stamping with the Hit the Spot Stamp Set circles and then stamped the outside of the circles.
I deliberately chose to not line up the circles with the border to acheive a sloppy look.
I then chose the chipboard Irresistibles Eclectic Alphabet
and applied black ink with a sponge.
The colors that I chose for this color challenge were gypsy, cotton candy, sky and sunset.

Supplies used (All CTMH):
Cardstock: White Daisy, Black
Inks: Gypsy, Cotton Candy, Sky, Sunset, Black
Stamp Sets: Hit the Spot
Other: Irresistibles Eclectic Alphabet, sponge


Same colors used here.
I used the Aspiration stamp set to create the background paper, as well as for the big focal flowers.
I random stamped on the background paper and then heat embossed in white.
I then ran a sponge dauber over the embossed flowers in a circular motion.
For the focal flowers, I also embossed them in white embossing powder.
I  used my markers to create the coloring on the flowers and buffed the flower with a cloth to remove any ink from my marker from the white embossing.
I cut out the focal flowers and attached to the card.
I used the Kanji Phrases stamp set for the sentiment.
I based this pattern off of a sketch from class.

Supplies used (All CTMH):
Cardstock: Gypsy, White Daisy, Black
Inks: Gypsy, Cotton Candy, Sky, Sunset
Stamp Sets: Aspiration, Kanji Phrases
Markers: Gypsy, Cotton Candy, Sky, Sunset
Embossing: White Daisy
Other: Heat Gun, Micro Tip Scissors, sponge daubers



On this last card, I used an additional color combo that we were given.
It removed the sunset and added pear in it's place.
I used the Fill in the Blank Stamp Set for the clouds
and heat embossed them in white.
I stamped the hot air balloons in pear, cotton candy and gypsy
and then heat embossed them with clear embossing powder.
I cut them out and added them to the card with
3D foam tape.



Supplies used (All CTMH)
Cardstock: Sky
Inks: Black, Pear, Gypsy, Cotton Candy, Versamark (for embossing clouds)
Stamp Sets: Fill in the Blank (for cloud squish the scallop circle stamp...the beauty of acrylic stamps),
Over the Rainbow (could also use this stamp set for clouds)
Embossing Powder: White Daisy, Clear
Other: Micro tip scissors, 3D foam tape, Heat Gun

No comments:

Post a Comment