Sunday, July 5, 2009

Organizing (and purging) in my scrapbook room

I hope everyone had a great holiday! I enjoyed time with my family and today I working on organizing (and purging) in my scrapbook room. I've gone through much of my stuff and have a pile of scrapbooking supplies to sell (after 10 years of scrapbooking, my style has changed and the supplies and tools I reach for have too!). I still have a lot more to do, but am already starting to feel more organized. So here are a few of the things that I did to become more organized.
My Cricut Binder, Cartridges and Overlays



This system works really well for me. I joined the Cricut yahoo group and have access to all sorts of cheat sheets. I also printed out the back for each cartridge, I can see all the features and general pictures for each cartridge at a glance. I can now use my binder to help me look up any shape or saying and find out which cartridge it is on. For example, if I need a scalloped circle and I have Home Decor, I just look at the alphabetical list for home decor shapes and can easily find out that Home Decor does have a scalloped circle on it.

The second picture is of my snapware container (actually 2 containers snapped together). Each level contains up to 15 cartridges (all alphabetized and listed on the side). When opening a "level", the overlays and cartridges are there...overlays on one side and cartridges in the little containers on the other, once again, in order.
Templates and Multi-page Workshops

This is my binder full of multi-page workshops and templates created by wonderful CTMH consultants that were generous enough to share with their talent with the rest of us. Some I have used as workshops and some are used for personal use (depending on the wishes of the consultant providing it), but all are easy to access in one place now.
My 2 binders (soon to be joined by one for my stamps)
This is how my binders look, sitting on my shelf. They will soon be joined by at least one more, cataloguing all my Close to My Heart stamps...That is quite an undertaking and I will have to save that for another day.
I appreciate all the wonderful ideas that others have shared on how they organize their rooms. As my wonderful husband finishes our basement and my scrapbook room, I'm sure I will have more to share. It will be quite a while before I have a finished room, but hopefully I'll be somewhat organized before putting it all together.

2 comments:

  1. Great job with all this organization. I love how you've done your Cricut stuff. I have a lot of cartridges and the boxes take up so much room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alanna! That is one reason why I did it this way. The other reason is that once a year, I go to a scrapbook retreat with some friends and this makes it easily transportable also.

    ReplyDelete